Attention all movie buffs! If you’ve been cutting back on your DVD obsession, because of the current economic crisis, now is the time to let lose. I’ve personally held back on purchasing new DVD releases for the sole purpose of buying them the day after Thanksgiving a.k.a. Black Friday. Yes, I am one of those people who stand in line, and face the crowds just to buy a 20 dollar shirt for 8 bucks. In these trying times these are the type of deals that can help you maintain the lining in your pockets, and gain some cool items in the process. Therefore, I’ve been holding an investigation to find the best DVD deals for fellow movie lovers like myself.
See Black Friday deals after the jump.
If you are trying to upgrade your viewing experience with a Blu-ray DVD player, Black Friday is the perfect time for you to make your move. Over at Cinematical, they’ve compiled a list of the best and cheapest places to purchase Blu-ray Disc players.
- Insignia Blu-Ray Disc Player – $249.99
- Samsung Blu-Ray Player – $199.99
- Sony BDP-S35 Blu-ray Disc Player – $249.99
- Sony BDP-S350 1080p Blu-ray Disc Player – $232.07
- Samsung BD-P1500 1080p Blu-ray Player – $203.58
- Samsung BD-P2500 1080p Blu-ray Disc Player – $299.99
- Samsung Blu-Ray Disc Player BDP1500 – $199.99
Magnavox Blu-ray Disc Player – $128.00 (Best Deal)
- Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-ray Player – $198.00
- Sony Blu-Ray DiscTM player – $179.99
- Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-ray Disc Player – $199.99
Target DVD’s(regular format)
- $3.98 – I Am Legend, Office Space, Batman Begins, Wedding Crashers.
- $5.98 – Transformers, Indy and Raiders of the Lost Ark, 300, Simpson’s Movie.
- $8.98 - Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Hulk, Made of Honor.
- $13.00- Iron Man, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Kung Fu Panda.
Best Buy DVD’s (regular format)
- $4.99- Batman Begins, Beowolf, Borat, Dodgeball, Fantastic Four 1 & 2, Ghostrider.
- $6.99- Cloverfield, Hitman, Live Free or Die Hard, Superbad, The Departed.
- $9.99- Speedracer, The Happening, The Incredible Hulk, Don’t Mess With the Zohan.
I hope this list helps you narrow down your movie search , and your holiday budget. As for advice on how to deal with the crowds of people who are gunning for that last copy of Iron Man………….your on your own with that one. Happy shopping!