- Daniel Craig turns down the role of Thor: “Craig said yes they [Marvel] did approach him but he turned it down. He added jokingly, it would have been too much of a power trip, both Bond and Thor, and running around with long hair and a hammer.” [IESB.net]
- Marc Forster will not be returning to for the next Bond film: He stated that “They offered me the next one, but at this point the pressure is so intense — it’s a year of not having a life,” Foster tells FirstShowing. “And I don’t know if I want to do that again. It’s literally not having a life, and I mean that, it’s not exaggerated. I feel like life is short, you have to find a balance.” [Slashfilm]
- David Gordon Green to direct the horror thriller Freaks of the Heartland: The film was written by Peter Sattler and Geoff Davey, based off the Dark Horse graphic novel by Steve Niles. The six-part series is “about the horrible secret of a rural Middle American town… Trevor Owen’s attempts to protect his “monster” of a 6-year-old younger brother… and other ‘freaks’ from their parents’ worst instincts.” Looks like another hopefully film series based off of a successful book. [THR]
- SAG and Aftra may be able avoid a strike: “On Saturday, SAG’s national board approved a proposed agreement outlining conditions under which the two performers’ unions would return to their Phase One joint-bargaining agreement to negotiate a new commercials contract.” Hopefully this will get some films roling! [THR]
- New Four Christmases Trailer below…
What do you think? Looks a bit too cheesy.