Here are some of the top picks of what’s going on in Hollywood now.
- It has just been releases in the The Hollywood Reporter that Nick Cassavetes has signed on to direct, The Beautiful and the Damned, a period piece based on the love story between writers F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda Sayre. Keira Knightley in discussions for the role of Zelda. I’m beginning to think Knightley has a fear of the modern world. Or else she just thinks she looks damn good in a corset with big hair.
- Apparently SlashFilm.com has leaked some exclusive pictures from Matthew Vaughn’s adaptation of Kick-Ass. The pictures they managed to get of a superheros crash landing into a taxi were from the production’s 2nd Unit. You can see the pictures here.
- Timur Bekmambetov, the Director of NightWatch and Wanted (Interview with him here) will be stepping up to to direct Moby Dick (possibly an extremely violent Moby Dick).
- Superherohype reports that The Green Hornet is good to go with Director Stephen Chow (Kung Fu Hustle, CJ7) starring Seth Rogen and himself! The movie is set for release June 25, 2010. The screenplay is by Seth Rogen & Evan Goldberg, who will also executive produce. Won’t that make for an interesting combo.
- M. Night Shamalanding-dong has offically run out of ideas and has decided to go back to some old ones. In a recent interview he talks to MTV News about making Unbreakable 2:
“I tell you I get asked about it all the time, so it’s not [an idea] I ever forget,” Shyamalan told MTV News. “I genuinely just asked this question the other day — should I make ‘Unbreakable 2’?”
If Shyamalan does indeed decide to revisit “Unbreakable,” he’ll have at least one of the original film’s stars ready and willing to join up — Samuel L. Jackson, who played the very-breakable villain, Elijah Price, in the movie.
“Every time I see [Shyamalan], he says, ‘I’ve written this thing for you,’ so I say, ‘why are you always doing these movies I’m not in?’” said Jackson.