- Spider-Man 4 auctions off meet and greet with potential cast – Stand Up To Cancer in partnership with Sony is auctioning off a visit to the set of the future Spider-Man 4, along with a meet and greet with the cast, a walk-on/extra role and designer outfits to be worn at the premiere ( p.s. you get to keep the outfits). The current bid is at $5,100. If you’re interested, it might be time to break your piggy bank.
- Facebook movie? – Aaron Sorkin, creator of “The West Wing” is in negotiations to write an untitled film project about the founders of Facebook, the popular social networking site that we’ve all come to know and love, that Scott Rudin will produce for Columbia. If you think it’s too good to be true, head on over to Sorkin’s newly created Facebook profile. “I figured a good first step in my preparation would be finding out what Facebook is, so I’ve started this page,” Sorkin said. “Actually it was started by my researcher, Ian Reichbach, because my grandmother has more Internet savvy than I do and she’s been dead for 33 years.”
- Venice Film Festival in full force - The annual festival opened Wednesday night with a first glimpse into “Burn After Reading,” the newest gem from the Coen brothers, starring George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Frances McDormand and Tilda Swinton. The festival, which runs through Sept. 6 will host 21 films from all over the world, including Ethiopia, Turkey and Algeria, which are all vying for the Golden Lion, the festival’s principle award for a best film.
- Peter Gibbons moves on to another office – Ron Livingston will be heading back to the office in the comedy “The Company Men.” Unfortunately, Milton, Michael Bolton, Samir or the two Bobs won’t be heading back with him. Livingston will play an aging businessman who struggles with a collapsing economy as he tries to save a sinking company, reports Variety. The film will be directed by Raul Sanchez Inglis, who wrote the screenplay and Mathew Robert Kelly is producing.
- Bank Robber Joker now in toy form – Dark Night fans rejoice! Hot Toys will be releasing a scale figure of The Joke in his “Bank Robber” get up. The figure, which is 12-inches tall, comes with a choice of two removable heads and awesome accessories like a removable clown mask, handgun, bigger gun, duffle bag, smoke and fragmentation grenades, playing cards, gotham city money and more.
Photo via Ebay