Some sad happenings, big openings and minor announcements.Â Like most weekends at my apartment.
- Isaac Hayes and Bernie Mac both passed away over the weekend at the respective ages of 65 and 50.Â I don’t have anything cheeky to say about it.Â Well, I do, but I won’t
- Pineapple Express had a big opening this weekend, making around $22 million since Wednesday.Â This wasn’t enough to smoke The Dark Knight, though which took number one for the 4th weekend in a row and has made a staggering $441 million since it opened.Â Holy grosses, Batman!
- It was announced that Brad Pitt will have a major role in Quentin Tarantino’s upcoming WWII movie, Inglorious Bastards.Â Also in talks are Simon Pegg and B.J. Novak from The Office.Â Hostel director Eli Roth has already been cast.Â I can only hope something horrific happens to his character as punishment for making Hostel.
- There is probably going to be a 24 movie.Â I wonder how long it’s going to be.Â Hm.
- Kevin Smith’s latest effort Zack and Miri Make a Porno was downgraded to an R rating from NC-17 after the director argued his case with the MPAA rating board.Â Well, that makes sense…?