An abbreviated obituary for Charlton Heston while I start a preliminary one for UTA…
- Of course, the biggest industry news this week was the death of Charlton Heston who took his arsenal to heaven Saturday night. I guess his next chariot race will be with Helios.
- April 5th, 2008 would have been Bette Davis’ 100th birthday. Today’s starlets could take a lesson from Ms. Davis’ legacy.No shrinking violet, she may have been written off as heartless, difficult and even bitchy but there was no denying that there was unparalleled talent behind those trademark eyes. Whatever happened to class?
- According to the LA Times, Thandie Newton is set to play Condoleeza Rice in Oliver Stone’s ‘W.’ Oliver Stone has *seen* Condoleeza Rice, right?
- In agency news Nick Stevens, co-owner of UTA and Shar….Shr…oh, sorry I almost fell asleep there since I couldn’t really care any less about agency news. But since you might, Stevens along with UTA partners Sharon Sheinwold and Lisa Hallerman are leaving the agency for Endeavor. This put big name clients – mostly from UTA’s quickly dwindling comedy roster – more or less up for grabs, including Judd Apatow, Jonah Hill, Amy Poehler, Jasons Bateman and Lee, Paul Rudd and Andy Samberg. My oh my, whatever will these millionaires do?
- I can think of one reason that ‘Leatherheads’ came in 2nd to ‘21′ this weekend at the box office and its initials are R.Z.
- When asked about the new Bond movie, Quantum of Solace, Daniel Craig said: “We’re not making a kitchen sink drama here. We are making a Bond movie,” Kitchen sink drama? Did you go to film school, Daniel Craig? Because you really didn’t need to become any more attractive to me.
That’s all for this week. Maybe next week will be less tumultuous…