Horton Hears a Who, holds it’s number one spot for the second week in a row. Kids love it and parents seem to be finding it enjoyable as well. Overall, it’s a good film, especially out of everything you have to choose from at the moment. To prove my point, Meet the Browns and Shutter round out the top three. One of the good reviews I found for Meet the Browns is, “Tyler Perry’s Meet the Browns isn’t exactly a good movie, but it is a good Tyler Perry movie.” So if you are a Tyler Perry fan then I guess you’re in heaven right now. As for Shutter, I think critics and audiences have unanimously decided that it’s best to stick to stop badly remaking old Asian forror flicks and start coming up with some new ideas for ghosts to haunt people. Drillbit Taylor, again by no means a great film, but at least has a few laughs, had a decent opening weekend. The rest 10,000 B.C, Never Back Down, College Road Trip, The Bank Job, and Vantage Point are slowly being pushed down from previous weeks. I was glad to see Under the Same Moon make it into the top ten, if only for a week. It’s the only film that I think has some relevance to today even though it’s a bit emotionally contrived.
So here is is, your box office top ten!
- Horton Hears a Who | Weekend Gross $25,100,000 | Total Gross $86,468,088 | Reviews
- Meet the Browns (New) | Weekend Gross $20,010,000| Total Gross $$20,010,000 | Reviews
- Shutter (New)| Weekend Gross $10,700,000 | Total Gross $10,700,000 | Reviews
- Drillbit Taylor (new)| Weekend Gross $10,200,000 | Total Gross $10,200,000 | Reviews
- 10,000 B.C. | Weekend Gross $8,660,000 | Total Gross $76,124,000 |Reviews
- Never Back Down | Weekend Gross $4,861,000 | Total Gross $16,824,000 |Reviews
- College Road Trip| Weekend Gross $4,630,000 | Total Gross $32,005,000 | Reviews
- The Bank Job | Weekend Gross $4,100,000 | Total Gross $19,430,000| Reviews
- Vantage Point | Weekend Gross $3,800,00 | Total Gross $65,297,000 | Reviews
- Under the Same Moon (New)| Weekend Gross $2,600,000 | Total Gross $3,326,710 | Reviews